Protein-Packed Wild Planet Wild Tuna Pasta Salad
What’s the perfect way to kick up the protein in your pasta salad? Adding pole and line tuna of course! Eat Well With Sari shares a favorite recipe for pasta salad featuring Wild Planet’s Wild Albacore Tuna that tastes just as delicious as it looks.
Pasta salad was something my mother used to make me all the time as a kid! It was one of the go-to lunches when I would come home from school. I looked forward to it so much and to this day, I still love it. This version is so healthy and satisfying. It is packed with protein and yummy veggies! It is perfect for lunch, dinner and can easily be a new addition to your meal prep game! It lasts in the fridge for a few days!
Adding Wild Planet Foods Wild Albacore Tuna is a game changer. I know I am getting quality protein and healthy fats! Omega 3 fatty acids are essential and this is an excellent source! Plus, the Tuna works super well with this Greek-style pasta salad, but the wild-caught salmon option would also be delish! Wild Planet has tons of different fish options. I also love them because they are focused on sustainability and bringing healthy options to them consumer! I personally think those are two super important things. You can learn more about their mission here.
If you want to know where to find Wild Planet Foods products near you, the store locator is linked here!
YIELDS 1 Serving
For the Salad:
1 cup Pasta (I like chickpea / lentil pasta because it is high in protein + fiber)
2 cups Chopped raw vegetables (I used cucumbers, tomato, and bell pepper)
¼ cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Can Wild Planet Foods Albacore Tuna
Microgreens to garnish
For the Dressing:
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Oregano
Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to your liking. I use chickpea pasta because it’s loaded with fiber and protein. Once you drain the pasta, rinse in cool water and set aside in a large bowl.
- As the pasta is cooking prepare your veggies. I used cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and bell pepper. Place the veggies in the same large bowl as the pasta.
- If you want to add cheese, cube up some feta and add it to the large bowl.
- Open a can of Wild Planet Foods Albacore Wild tuna and drain. Using a fork, break up the tuna into the large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing. In a mason jar, add 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tsp of oregano. Mix. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing into the large bowl with noodles, veggies, cheese, and tuna. Toss!
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Now that you have the recipe, it’s your turn! Try this delicious and healthy recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!