- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread, toasted
- Thinly sliced red onion, to taste
1 (4.4oz) can Wild Planet Wild Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drained
- 1 sprig fresh dill or 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Black pepper, to taste
Mustard vinegar sauce
Place cucumber slices in a small bowl. Add water, apple cider vinegar and salt. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, stir together mustard vinegar sauce ingredients and set aside.
On top of toast, layer pickled cucumbers, red onion, 1-2 Wild Sardines, dill, and black pepper.
Finish with a drizzle of mustard vinegar sauce.