1 can (5oz) Wild Planet Organic Roasted Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or rice
- 16 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of choice (chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, lime, etc.)
Remove Wild Planet Organic Roasted Chicken Breast from the can and cut or shred into bite-size pieces.
Place in a bowl with juices from the can, set aside.
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté the onions in the olive oil until onions soften and become slightly browned.
Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring to avoid burning.
Add the corn, Wild Planet Organic Roasted Chicken Breast, beans, and quinoa or rice.
Stir to combine ingredients and pour in broth.
Add cumin, oregano, chili powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir soup and continue to cook over medium heat until heated through.
Lower heat and keep at a low simmer until ready to eat.
Ladle into bowls and add toppings as desired.