2 cans (5oz each) Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna, undrained
2 cans (5oz each) Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, undrained
- 1 jar (6oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 can (15.5oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata or other olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place tuna and juices from the cans into a large bowl.
Flake with a fork to separate tuna into bite size pieces.
Add artichoke hearts, chickpeas, red bell pepper, olives, red onion, parsley, carrots, basil or oregano, capers and lemon juice to tuna in bowl.
Mix gently to combine all ingredients.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar; season with sea salt and pepper.
Pour over tuna salad and stir to combine.