- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups cooked and chilled brown rice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 pinches salt
1 (4.4oz) can Wild Planet Wild White Anchovies in Water, drained
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Heat sesame oil in large pan or wok over medium heat.
Add onion and red bell pepper. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until softened.
Next, add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add chilled rice to pan mixture along with Sriracha, maple syrup and salt.
Stir-fry until rice starts to warm, about 5 minutes.
With a fork, break anchovies in half and add to rice, gently tossing together to combine.
Serve with a sprinkling of chopped scallion and sesame seeds.