- 2 slices of hearty, dark bread (such as pumpernickel)
- 1/2 cup pickled beets, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup grated Granny Smith apple
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1 can (4.4oz) Wild Planet Wild Mackerel Fillets in EVOO, drained
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- Chopped parsley (for topping)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Lightly toast bread and cut into triangles.
In a bowl, mix together the sliced pickled beets, grated apple, lemon juice and lemon zest.
Spoon the mixture onto each triangular piece of bread and top with a piece of Wild Planet Wild Mackerel Fillets.
Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.