During your summer travels we hope you will get to enjoy some time around our majestic ocean. There is only one Wild Planet and in consideration of its most valuable natural resource, we wanted to share a few interesting facts about the ocean.
2) The ocean's canyons make the Grand Canyon seem small. The Zhemchug Canyon, located in the Bering Sea, has a vertical relief of 8,520 feet—almost 2,500 feet deeper than the Grand Canyon.2
3) The planet's longest mountain range is underwater and is 10 times longer than the Andes. Above water, the Andes mountain range is only about 4,300 miles long, while underwater, the Mid-Oceanic Ridge mountain range is around 40,390 miles long.3
- By choosing to include a variety of species which are lower on the food chain in your diet - such as mackerel, sardines and anchovies – you’re supporting sustainability in addition to benefiting from essential nutrients such as protein, EPA and DHA Omega-3s, vitamin D and calcium.
- On average, Wild Planet tuna has 23% more protein than other canned brands. Because we only pack 100% tuna and sea salt in our cans with nothing else added, we’re providing more fish in each can, naturally leading to more tuna protein.
- If you’re looking for different ways to eat canned wild albacore or other types of tuna, such as skipjack or yellowfin, feel free to search through our many creative recipes.
4, 8, 11. https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/nature/habitats/article/ocean
5, 6, 7, 9, 12. https://www.divein.com/diving/ocean-facts/