View all wildplanetfoods.com policies below. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Customer Service team and we’ll do our best to provide the answers.
Shipping & Returns
Thank you for shopping at Wild Planet Foods.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
Our products can be returned within 30 days of the original purchase of the product. A new product may be exchanged for another product or returned for a refund.
Before you return a product, please make sure that:
- The product was purchased in the last 30 days
- The product is in its original packaging
- The product isn’t used or damaged
Please contact us before you send the product:
- By email: email@example.com
Send the product with its original packing to:
1585 Heartwood Drive, Suite F
McKinleyville, CA 95519
Shipping charges incurred in connection with the return of a product are refundable.
If you received a damaged product, please notify us immediately for assistance.
Unfortunately, sale items (including Value Vault items) cannot be refunded. Only regular price items can be refunded
Wild Planet believes technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone. We want everyone to enjoy the everyday moments that technology helps make possible, so we work to make all of our products and services accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and use the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specification.
If you need an ADA accommodation, request for auxiliary aides or services, or would like to provide ADA feedback or comments, please contact us. Our customer service team is available to assist and accept Relay Calls. For assistance with these ADA requests and feedback please contact us at 1-(800) 998-9946.
How to zoom in on your screen
Some people like to zoom into the screen or web browser in order to see things better. Here are a few ways of doing it depending on your setup.
Press the Windows key and plus sign (+) at the same time to zoom in. You can also use the “Magnifier” application under “Accessories”.
Go to “System Preferences”, open “Universal Access” and select the “Seeing” tab. Check the box under “Zoom” to “On”.
On your Apple device
Tap “Settings”, then “General”, then “Accessibility”. Tap the “Zoom” button and toggle it “On”. Another trick is to use “Ctrl” (“Cmd” on Mac) plus the plus (+) or minus (-) keys when you’re in a web browser.
How to change the colors or fonts on a page
Some people like to change colors or fonts to see words more clearly. Most major web browsers have options to do this. We recommend a mixture of settings like enlarging font size and zooming into the browser for a better experience.
In Internet Explorer
Go to “Tools”, then “Internet Options”, on to “General”. From here, select “Colors, Fonts, or Accessibility”.
In Mozilla Firefox
Choose “Options”, then “Content”, then finally “Fonts & Colors”.
Select “Preferences”, “Appearance” tab, and then hit the “Select…” button next to the font fields.
Go to “Preferences”, activate the “Show advanced settings” link, go to the “Web content” heading and change the “Font size”, “Customize fonts” in other ways, or set default “Page zoom”.
How to find and use a screen reader
Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allow people to read and interact with content in different ways. Many people who cannot perceive what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content. Capital One designs and codes for accessibility. We strive to ensure that our content is accessible to screen readers.
There are free options available including NVDA for Windows and VoiceOver for Mac. What we recommend is JAWS for Windows. You can use this with your favorite web browser.
Screen readers accept input in a variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard. By pressing the down arrow in JAWS, for example, you are able navigate through items on the page. JAWS will also accept Braille input.
How to use accessibility tools on mobile
There are a lot of great features right on your smart phone. iOS and Android alike provide many tools to help you access what you love. Let’s have a look at a few of those tools.
VoiceOver for iOS and TalkBack for Android are the screen readers that come built-in. To turn on VoiceOver, go to “Settings”, then “General”, to “Accessibility”, and then turn “VoiceOver” on. You can set the “Accessibility Shortcut” to “VoiceOver” from the “Accessibility” page in order to triple-click the “Home” button to toggle VoiceOver on and off. TalkBack has a similar feature.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Invert Colors”, “Color Filters”, and “Reduce White Point” are other features and tools on iOS that you can use. These are also available through the “Accessibility Shortcut”.
Last Revised: February 4th, 2021
Wild Planet Foods, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.wildplanetfoods.com website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service (defined below) and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data means data about an individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Data Controller means a person or entity who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means a person or entity who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
2. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information from various sources, including:
- Directly from you when you use the Service, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order products;
- Social networks through which you interact with us; and
- Our Service Providers and other third parties.
3. Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as postal code;
- Login information, such as username and password;
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address; and
- Cookies and usage data.
Usage Data, Tracking & Cookies
When you use the Service, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as through cookies and similar tracking technologies, to track the activity on our Service. Cookies are text files which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent from a website to your Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Hotjar) that collect information about the use of the Service and user traffic. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation: your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (collectively, “Usage Data”).
The information we collect may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Service, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and maintain our Service;
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested, and provide you with products you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions;
- Notify you about changes to our Service;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- Provide customer support;
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- Monitor the usage of our Service;
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- Enforce our Terms and other agreements;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- Communicate with you about our products, offers and promotions, and third-party products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Retention of Data
We also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or where we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
4. Disclosure of Data; Security
We may disclose your Personal Data as necessary to:
- comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government ore regulatory request;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Wild Planet Foods, Inc.;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- protect against legal liability; and
- as otherwise permitted with your consent.
Security of Data
We have implemented measures intended to protect your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals at this time. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Correct, Delete, and Amend Your Personal Data
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. Where possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your Personal Data rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Data we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where your provided us with consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you are a resident of the European Union or the U.K., you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local Data Protection Authority.
You may purchase products through the Service. We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors) when you make a purchase through the Service.
Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with include Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, Stripe, PayPal, and Braintree. We recommend that you review their privacy policies to understand how they treat your information.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Service is not intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without parental consent, we will remove that information from our servers.
8. Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Service.
If you do not want us to your use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by contacting us. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each email.
Third Party Tracking
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve internet-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
9. Wild Planet Foods Privacy Notice for California Residents
This notice of privacy rights and disclosures (this “California Notice“) applies solely to individuals who are residents of the State of California about whom we collect personal information (“consumers” or “you“), including, for example, visitors to our websites and our customers. We adopt this California Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, and together with the California attorney general’s implementing regulations, the “CCPA“) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this California Notice.
Information We Collect
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). “Personal information” does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months for the business or commercial purposes described below:
|Description||Examples||Source||Business or Commercial Purposes for Collection|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Directly from the consumer.||Creating user accounts; providing our services, including allowing you to make purchases; sending marketing communications; conducting promotions.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Directly from the consumer, if any.||Creating user accounts; providing our services, including allowing you to make purchases; sending marketing communications; conducting promotions.|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Directly from the consumer.||Storing user past purchases.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, or information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Indirectly from the consumer (e.g., through cookies); Third-party service providers (e.g., data analytics)||Marketing; improving user experience.|
Use of Personal Information
In addition to the business or commercial purposes for collection described above, we have in the preceding 12 months collected all categories of personal information described above for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and payment information to purchase a product on our website, we will use that personal information to complete your transaction and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (800) 998-9946.
- Visiting wildplanetfoods.com/contact-us
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response electronically, unless otherwise requested by you. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not sell your personal information. If, in the future, we plan to sell your information, we will provide you with all rights provided by CCPA and will update this Privacy Notice.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone: (800) 998-9946
Wild Planet Foods
1585 Heartwood Drive, Suite F
McKinleyville, CA 95519
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: February 4th, 2021
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the www.wildplanetfoods.com website (the “Service”) operated by Wild Planet Foods, Inc. (“Wild Planet Foods”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and Wild Planet Foods and apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
1. Scope and Restrictions on Use.
Subject to these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Service, including any graphics, text, instructions, images, audio files, and/or other sounds, videos, and other materials you may view on, access through, or are otherwise related to the Service (collectively, the “Content”), for your personal use. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, the Content may not be copied, downloaded, or stored in a retrieval system for any other purpose, nor may it be redistributed, reused, or modified for any purpose, without the express written permission of Wild Planet Foods. You agree not to:
- collect information from the Service using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis;
- use automated means to access the Service, or gain unauthorized access to the Service or to any account or computer system connected to the Service;
- obtain or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the website or our systems that are not intended for access by you;
- “flood” the Service with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt, or harm the Service or our systems;
- restrict or inhibit other users from accessing or using the Service;
- modify or delete and copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that appear on the website or in the Content; or
- access or use the Service or Content for any unlawful purpose or otherwise beyond the scope of the rights granted herein.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order, or other reasons. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
3. Availability, Errors, Inaccuracies and Suspension
Wild Planet Foods reserves the right to make changes to, suspend, or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Service or any portion thereof (including any Content) at any time. We are constantly updating product and service offerings on the Service and we may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other websites. The information found on the Service may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Service and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Service.
We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to suspend or discontinue the Service, correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice. You agree that Wild Planet Foods will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Access to and use of certain parts of the Service may require you to register for an account. When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account or your use of the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities, transactions and actions that occur under your account and/or password, regardless of who conducts those activities and whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username or password. You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you, without appropriate authorization. You may not use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
5. User Content
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Service, including posting reviews of our products. Any ideas, information, materials, and other user-generated content that you submit, upload, post, share display, or transmit to us on or through the Service (“User Content”) may be used by Wild Planet Foods. You agree that any User Content you post is original, truthful and accurate. You may not post any Feedback (defined below) or User Content that:
- is unlawful, abusive, malicious, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy rights or right of publicity, or otherwise objectionable;
- constitutes or promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under any applicable laws, rules, or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms;
- infringes upon, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party;
- encourages criminal conduct;
- contains false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content;
- gives the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by us or any other person, entity, if this is not the case; or
- contains any virus, malware, spyware, or other harmful content or code.
While we do not have an obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit, or remove any User Content posted on or through the Service, we reserve the right to so. You acknowledge and agree that we are not obligated to post, keep, or use your User Content. If you post User Content, you represent and warrant to us that you own or control all rights in and to such User Content and have the right to grant the rights above to us.
You hereby grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and prepare derivative works of any User Content you share for any purpose and in all forms and all media, whether now known or that become known in the future. You waive any and all claim that you may have now or may hereafter have in any jurisdiction to so called “rental rights,” “moral rights,” and all rights of “droit moral’ in that User Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
Feedback You Provide
If you provide feedback or suggestions to us about the Service or product ideas (“Feedback”), you agree and acknowledge that we can use that Feedback, in whole or in part, in any way without compensating you, and without any restriction or obligation to you. We will have no obligation to maintain any Feedback in confidence, to pay you any compensation for your Feedback, or to respond to any Feedback.
6. Electronic Communications
The communications between you and Wild Planet Foods via the Service are done through electronic means. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, except where prohibited by law.
7. Intellectual Property
The Service and the Content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Wild Planet Foods, Inc. and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Without limiting the foregoing, the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the website are registered and unregistered marks of Wild Planet Foods and its licensors. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Wild Planet Foods, Inc.
8. Reporting Intellectual Property Infringement
We take claims of intellectual property infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any of the Content accessible on the Service infringes your copyright, you may request removal of such Content (or access thereto) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), your written notice of alleged copyright infringement must include substantially the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Service, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the Content you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that Content;
- adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address);
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement that the information in your written notice is accurate; and
- a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated agent to receive DMCA notices is: email@example.com, 1585 Heartwood Drive Suite F, McKinleyville, CA 95519. Note that this contact information is only for inquiries regarding potential copyright infringement only, all other inquiries should be addressed to the contact information found below.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly misrepresent that Content on the Service is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
9. Third Party Materials
The Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Wild Planet Foods, Inc. Wild Planet Foods, Inc. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services.
In addition, the Services may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or (collectively, “Third Party Materials”).
You acknowledge and agree that Wild Planet Foods, Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through the Services, including any such Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them at entirely your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
In the event that we suspend or terminate your access to the Service, you will continue to be bound by the Terms that were in effect as of the date of your suspension or termination. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Wild Planet Foods, Inc. and its service providers, licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or b) a breach of these Terms or applicable law. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of your use of the Service and/or these Terms.
12. Limitation Of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WILD PLANET FOODS, INC., NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF: PROFITS, REVENUE, BUSINESS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (III) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE; AND (IV) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or consequential damages, so some of the exclusions and/or limitation in this Section may not apply to you.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND WILD PLANET FOODS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
WILD PLANET FOODS, INC. ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT A) THE SERVICE WILL FUNCTION UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; B) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; C) THE SERVICE, CONTENT, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
15. Governing Law, Waiver and Severability
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms from time to time. The date these Terms were last updated is set forth at the top of this page. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
In addition to these Terms, sweepstakes, contests, games, or other promotions (collectively, “Promotions”) may be made available through the Service, and such Promotions may have specific rules that are different from these Terms. We urge you to review the applicable rules before you participate in a Promotion. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Promotion rules, Promotion rules will control with respect to the Promotion.
19. Entire Agreement
20. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Phone: (800) 998-9946
Wild Planet Foods
1585 Heartwood Drive, Suite F
McKinleyville, CA 95519